Duck or Goose Jerky
Delicious Duck or Goose Jerky Recipe! Enjoy
- 4-5 lbs. wild duck or goose breast
- 1½ c. soy sauce
- 1½ c. Mr. Yoshida's Marinade & Cooking Sauce
- 2 Tbsp. Tabasco
- 3 Tbsp. Worcestershire
- 2 Tbsp. onion powder
- 2 Tbsp. garlic salt
- 2 Tbsp. pepper
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 capful liquid smoke
- ¼ tsp. chili powder
- 1 Tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp. your favorite BBQ sauce
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- 1½ c. water
- 1 bottle of beer (Take a few swigs for yourself, use the rest for your brine)
- Mix all above ingredients together in a small bowl. Stir until all the sugar is dissolved. This is your brine.
- Cut waterfowl breasts while they're partially frozen using a slicer or filet knife. Cut into thin strips ¼" or less. Small strips are important.
- In a large bowl, combine meat and brine making sure the brine covers the meat, store in a cool place for 24 hours (the longer the better).
- Remove your meat strips from brine and place strips on butcher paper or newpaper and let sit for 15 minutes (Optional: Sprinkle meat with black pepper or crushed red chilies as it dries)
- Place meat in dehydrator or smoker for 8 hours or until done (if smoking, use only one pan of your favorite chips).
- Rotate trays to keep meat from getting too done.
- Remove from dehydrator or smoker and enjoy with family, friends and hunting partners... sharing is optional
- Store in zip-top bags or you can freeze the jerky in freezer zip-top bags for up to 3 months.